Thursday, May 15, 2008

China's Earthquake

It's hard to write about this, but I feel I must.

My heart is bleeding for the quake victims in China.

It's a sad, sad day in China where most of the bodies were those of little children in school.

The parents sent their children to schools not realizing the buildings were not built properly to withstand an earthquake. What the hell is wrong with their government that this was allowed. What kind of contractor would build a school knowing that could happen?
How can he and the government sleep at night? This sortof gives me Daja vue all over again.

But one cannot compare the grief that these families are feeling when most of them only had one child, and now they don't.

And most importantly, the schools should have been the first resue effort. Many people are reporting that they weren't.

My prayers are with you China!
Dawn Chartier

No comments: