Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pen to Press Writers Retreat

After a week at the Pen to Press writers retreat, I must say I was sad it ended.
I learned so much information from authors Sarah Langan and Hank Schewable (sp?) Sorry if I messed up Hank's last name. Other wonderful authors there were Scott Nicholson, Cherry Adair, Natalie Collins, Alex Sokoloff, Debra LeBlanc. All there to help other writers along the publishing way....

Anyway, the entire experience of the retreat was so helpful. I learned how to write a better query and synopsis. I also learned how to hook the reader with a meaningful first sentence. Not some spiced up hook, a real true meaning to the book "hook".

I did well pitching to agents and editors that attended. I was so happy when I heard they were interested in my story. But, at the same time, I'm thinking to myself, oh boy....
Now I learned some new tricks to writing, I need to fix a few things in my story and get it out to them soon... Cross your fingers or toes or whatever you can.......

So writers if you want a great writers bootcamp, Pen To Press is very small, which is what I liked, and they work with your story. I recommend it highly.

Dawn Chartier
www.dawnchartier.com

No comments: