Friday, October 2, 2009

Sitting down and freehand writing

I was on a blog the other day and I noticed how many authors say they sit down and write on a note pad before they actually start typing their story on the PC They say it helps free "their voice" and makes their writing more unique to them. Hmm... I wonder if that works?

Well, today I'm going to try that and see what happens. Maybe it will get me out of this "stuck" spot in my novel. My villain decided he didn't want to be the villain anymore, and then pointed me to someone else. I mean he's still a bad-ass! But, he was right, he's not the killer....((Rewind: I just deleted a entire sentence giving away who I'm talking about and realized. Oppss... I can't do that... I've got a big freakin' mouth! haha..))

Anyway, time to get off the blog, try a new exercise by writing on a tablet. Maybe I'll figure out why my bad guy isn't my baddy after all. Could it be maybe because he's my next heroine's hero? Yikes...Stop with the spoilers...

Now go write everyone!!! (that's meant for the writers out there.)

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs to you on a rainy New Orleans day.
Dawn

No comments: