Friday, November 19, 2010

NaNoWriMo ~ Can I do it?

Sure I can. Yesterday was the 18th and I hit the 1/2 way mark to 50,000. My total is actually a little over 26,000. Which means if I write about 2,000 words every day I can still manage my goal.

However, people always ask where do you find the time to write. Well, I don't just find it, I make time for it. Everyone can. Think of things you do all day long that isn't work related, and instead of doing that (watching tv, reading emails, surfing the internet, reading a book), write instead. Well, that's how I do it, plus I get up at 5:30am and write before I go to work. (yes, get up extra early) No, I'm not a morning person, (just ask the family)but I do what it takes to get it done.

If I set my mind on a goal, I do everything in my power to achieve it. I'm stubborn that way. Like right now, I'm using mind control to tell those editors to love my story submission and send me a contract. (haha) Just kidding. Wouldn't that be cool if we could do that? My current novel I'm writing now, the heroine, RAINE, she can do just that. Boy does it get her into trouble.

Listening to: Nothing but the pups snoring. (no that is not a song title)

Have a great weekend and if you don't hear from me on the blog it's because I'm buried in trying to meet my goal!

Dawn Chartier
www.dawnchartier.com
NOT AN ANGEL, OUT NOW!

No comments: