Monday, March 3, 2014

Having fun at the Endymion Ball...Mardi Gras 2014! (Grand Marshal: Ian Somerhalder! Woot!)

As many of you know Mardi Gras is normally a few weeks long in New Orleans, and that's all cool and stuff, but normally when Mardi Gras time comes my family and I leave.  It's not that I don't like Mardi Gras, but once you've seen it 20x's or more it does get old...

However, riding in Mardi Gras is something totally different. This year my hubby got to ride in Endymion (which is one of the best parade's to ride in), and he had a blast. I didn't get to see him until the end of the night once his float made into the superdome where the parade ends and the concert and ball begins...

This year the Grand Marshal was Ian Somerhalder! Woot! (He was too far away for me to get a good look at him, but I can at least say I was in the same room with him. LOL (Check out this link to see tons of pictures of Ian from The Vampire Diaries and also Norman from The Walking Dead.)

Here are a few pics of me and some friends (and the hubby), a few before and during the Endymion Ball.

To some it up: If you haven't done Mardi Gras in New Orleans you are missing out! If you live here and you are tired of it - then ride instead. Happy Mardi Gras!






Hugs,
Dawn


No comments: