Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mardi Gras is Here



Happy Mardi Gras yall!!!

(pic. on left - that's me standing looking at something??? and that's my daughter sitting) (pic. on right - that's me on the left (yes, I have a black wig on), then that's my daughter, and my best buddy Rhonda, with a wig on too. We are cleopatra's, our costumes for our parade..Don't I look funny with black hair..)

Well. I'm from New Orleans, and I don't truly like Mardi Gras. (Mardi Gras Day, that is)
I guess it's a "Been there-- Done that" kind of thing. When Mardi Gras comes, we usually go! (to another place that is)...

Now, I do ride in a parade every year, but it is a "small family" parade on the westbank. "Cleopatra". It's not the crazy "Mardi Gras Day" parades, where the insane come to play...

It's this Friday, so if any of my friends are going give me a call and I'll give you the scoop on the float # etc., I'll throw you bunches if I see you...

Now on the writing front. It's slow. After Friday's parade, I'm going to get my ass in gear! Seriously....

Have a safe and happy Mardi Gras!
Hugs,
Dawn Chartier
www.dawnchartier.com


I

No comments: