Wednesday, May 26, 2010

FREE EBOOK CONTEST - POST A COMMENT TO WIN!!


Hi everyone,


For my new paranormal romance ebook release "Not An Angel" I'm giving away a free book to someone who posts a comment on my blog about the excerpt. (See blurb and excerpt below)


Blurb:


Kira McCoy wants to die. Losing her husband and daughter tragically left her without hope. Now her disturbed brother-in-law will stop at nothing to have her for himself. All she wants is to find peace, but instead finds herself on top of a bridge ready to end her suffering.


Protector of the Poryria, Trace Stuart is called to defend his race or embrace death. Defending humans is not part of the plan, but he cannot stop himself from saving Kira.


Realizing that he shares a special bond with Kira, Trace defies his Queen and rushes into the heart of darkness in order to rescue the woman he loves. Will Kira be able to reach past her own pain to pull them both into the light?



Excerpt:

As he measured her, his gaze warmed the consuming chill that had invaded her body. She glanced down, holding the material out. Nothing she could ever afford. Standing next to him in his stunning black suit, gave her more confidence than if she wore plain clothing.
“I wouldn’t have picked it out for myself, but you have good taste.”

“I know.” Trace’s gaze traveled down her torso, to her exposed toes and slowly up to her face.

“And you take my breath away.” He kissed the inside of her wrist.

Heat shot up her inner arm overpowering any nervousness she may have felt earlier. She leaned into him and whispered, “You breathe?”

Trace half smiled. “Sometimes.”

She blinked. “Oh.” That meant sometimes he didn’t breathe either.

Trace stiffened, then glanced toward the entrance flanked with four massive columns.


It took a moment before she heard footsteps in the foyer. Five men entered the parlor. All dressed similar to Trace, except their cold penetrating eyes made her worry. Scared was more like it. One man strode toward her, eyes narrowed, mouth pulled down in a frown. She swallowed, then took a deep breath and squared her shoulders. They will not get to me. I will be strong.

“He won’t hurt you. Will you, Dev?” Trace stepped forward and crossed his arms.

Dev smirked and stared through his long dark lashes. “Depends.”

An eerie rumble vibrated the room. Kira advanced toward Trace. The sound of a wild cat drifted in the air. She tilted her head, glanced at Trace and realized the noise came from him.

“Boys. Boys. Boys. Dev won’t touch her, but I might.” A slender brunette appeared out of thin air and stood directly in front of the other men.


Oh hell.

17 comments:

Bart said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, Dawn, and I think a giveaway is a great tribute.

As far as the excerpt, wow, nicely done mix of heat and danger with a twist. I want a copy!

Did I say you have a fantastic web site? Well you do, Congrats on the book!

Alexx said...

Oh Hell wow this is one I would read in a Heart Beat Just the excerpt has my heart beating a bit faster

Boone Brux said...

Congrats with your new book Dawn. I was instantly captured by your excerpt.The premise of a woman losing her husband and child is heart-wrenching.

So sorry to hear about your loss. That is never easy to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Suzanne Johnson said...

Oooh, hot stuff, Dawn! And a great tribute to your mom.

Kaylea Cross said...

So sorry for your loss, Dawn. I'm sure your mom is smiling down at you.
Kaylea Cross

s7anna said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

*hugs*
Anna

Autumn Jordon said...

Again, Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear about your losss. (((HUGS))

Mom will be smiling after reading this excerpt. It's wonderful. My arm tingled after he kissed her wrist. AWESOME!

AJ
www.autumnjordon.com

Anonymous said...

I already have the book and loved it! Congrats again on your 1st release!

{hugs} to you

Cara Marsi said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Dawn.

This excerpt took my breath. Wow! Very exciting. I loved the ending.
Good luck. I'll look for it on the WRP site.

Carolyn Matkowsky/Cara Marsi
www.caramarsi.com

CJ Parker said...

I already have a copy, but wanted to just touch base with you. We live so close and only see each other once a month. My prayers are with you.

Have I told you how proud I am of you? Great story.

Howl Trueno said...

Congratulations for your book! I would love to read it. :0)

Anonymous said...

You know I've been a fan of yours even before your big accomplishment. As far as the book is concerned. The thing that does it for me, is the dialogue and the circumstances. You can't help but feel for Kira. To endure such tragedy and...well...You did a fantastic job Dawn. It sad sometimes when life imitates art and art imitates life in disheartening situations.

Keep your head up D.

Cornelle Keveen

Dawn Chartier said...

Thanks everyone for the comments and well wishes. My daughter will pick a winner and I'll post it later tonight.

Hugs to you all,
Dawn

Susan Macatee said...

Great excerpt, Dawn! But I am sorry to hear about your mom. Mine passed away last September and while she did read my first book that I dedicated to her, she only got to see my second book shortly before she died, so never had the chance to read it.

But I'm sure your mom is up there feeling very proud of your accomplishment.

Lilly Gayle said...

So sorry about your mom. You have my deepest sympathy. And I love your book cover. What a hunk!

Dawn Chartier said...

The winner is Susan Macatee!!

Thank you and everyone for stopping by my blog.... Susan I hope you enjoy, Not An Angel. I'll send it to you shortly.

Hugs to you all,
Dawn Chartier

Anonymous said...

Congrats Susan!!