Thursday, May 3, 2007

To blog or not to blog from a writers view

That is the question. Well, I'm gonna blog and try it out. Why not!

Well, this is my first blog and I'm just experimenting with it today.
I'm a writer of para-normal fantasies usually with romance or romantic elements weaved through out. I like writing a story with action. Sometimes I forget that I'm really putting my characters out there like that. (sorry guys/gals) But, I enjoy the action paced story just as much as the next human. I also like to keep secrets and clues in my stories. Gotta have mystery!!!

I'm also a big fan of "horror", I love to be scared from a great book or movie. The tasteful ones that is. (Stephen King, Debra LeBlanc, Joe Hill to name a few) And the old original movies that made you have nightmares for years. You know which one's they are.

Well, enough about that. I just finished re-writing my last chapter and finally wrote THE END. God, did it feel great. My story is now going into the hands of a woman who will hopefully catch all my grammar mistakes and any open graves that I might have forgotten to fill. I hope she makes it shine like a star. I'm so eager to get this submission to a great lady named Kate Duffy. Kate if you see this by a miracle chance, I'm still sending your request as promised. Just a little better than it would have been if I sent it a month ago. That's what happens when you sit and listen to editors and agents tell you what they like and don't like at conferences. You get a better story. You learn.

Well, it's getting late and my brain is turning mushy. New Orleans is about to get hit with some nasty weather so I better turn off the computer. I'll be back soon.

Have a great Thursday.
Night ya'll.
Dawn
Fantasy on the Rocks!

No comments: