Sunday, January 20, 2013

Broken City - Movie Review

Broken City * Movie Review by Dawn Chartier

I give Broken City 3.5 stars out of 5. This was a crime drama, car crashing, shoot-em up type of movie which stars some really good actors, (Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe) but the plot was a same ole' same ole'. It lacked a better twist and more sub-plots.

Quick Summary: An ex-cop was hired by the Mayor (who is running for Mayor again) to investigate his wife. The ex-cop (who is now a P.I.) believes he is trying to capture pictures of the wife cheating on the Mayor, but it's not what it seems. The Mayor has a bigger agenda.

The Mayor takes the pictures from the P.I. and pays him, then bad things happen to wife's supposed lover who is the Mayor's rival campaign manager. The P.I. realizes the Mayor is up to no good, and then it's too late. The Mayor has proof against the P.I., and he can't get out of it. He has two choices. Do the right or wrong thing. I won't ruin the ending and tell you which one he does.

I like my movies with a little more thought out plot. But this might be just me, so I wouldn't say it was a waste of money, it just wasn't what I'd hoped for. (p.s. I didn't pay for this one, a friend won the tickets, and I enjoyed her company as always.)

No comments: