Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year...New me?

So it's a new year and I thought a lot about a new years resolution for 2013. Sending several days vacationing in Florida will do that to you...

Then after a friend's comment (Ursula Whistler) on Twitter, I figured out what that resolution would be. (Thanks UW)

And here it is:  "I will not let fear (or anyone) stand in the way of my dreams."

Once upon a time this was how I lived life, but then somehow fear slid its way into my mind and halted me in my tracks.  FEAR whispered in my ear, telling me that I couldn't fulfill my dreams. That I needed to give up.... and when you think you can't do it - guess what?  You can't.

Now that I realize what (who) was standing in my way (me!), I will kick myself in the butt and get back into the "I can do anything I put my mind to, and not worry about fear or rejection" attitude and all will be well again. Maybe December was just a bad month for me, but this is a new year and a new attitude.

Plus, you'd think after TOR and Penguin requested to read my MS that I'd get over the fear, but no....I think it made the fear grow a little more.  But that's over with now.  I got past the "Oh shit!" moment, and will finish up the edits for Mixed Magic and finish up revising Buried Magic and send those submissions out asap. Fear will let go of my hands and allow me to grow once again...

So time to kick that fear bitch to the side, and allow the positive vibes to flow through out my body, mind and soul....and I hope the positive vibes flow through you as well.

Happy New Year All!  And Happy 2013 Reading and/or Writing!

Hugs,
Dawn







No comments: