Friday, January 18, 2013

Hit as Many Balls as You Can...

I got up this morning dreading my 9am appointment with the nice golf instructor, Brian.  Not because I didn't want to practice my golf swing, but because it was like 50 degrees out there. Brrrrrrr.
I hate the cold. (And yes, that is freezing cold to me.)


This was only my second lesson to date, and I found out that golfing is much like writing. The more you practice the better you will be.  Well, I wasn't much better, but it was still fun learning how to hold the clubs, which clubs to use, where to stand, how to bend my knees, and twist my body just so. Then all I had to do was swing and hit the ball. Let me just tell you, it's not as simple as you think...

I can do each of those steps listed above, but when I put them all together they don't always go in the proper order.  My hips are supposed to led the way, but for some reason, they don't want to. Sounds like writing to me. You have to have characters, setting, dialogue, etc. and you have to figure out how to put all that writing in a certain order so it makes sense... I'm learning how to both though. And it's a lot of fun.

I had some great pictures, but for some reason I can't post them here anymore, not sure what's up there... Grrr...

Looking forward to trying my new skills out on a golf course. :-)

Have a great weekend,
Dawn

No comments: