Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Got my crit back from Lori Handeland

Yep, Lori sent it to me last night. Thank you Lori, that was really fast.
She offered excellent advice. And a few things she suggested, I'd already done on my own. I'm glad she confirmed what I thought. It helps to have that confirmation... And a few other things I realize from her crit is too much "telling" and not enough "showing".... I know I've heard this a million times and until someone points it out, finally the light goes on... (I'm buying books she suggested)

Now I'm sitting here thinking all these things I need to work on, and that I sent this to editor Kate Duffy. Too late now. So, what should I do? Well, Kate knows what she likes and what she doesn't. I'm sure she's come across newbie writers before, and then has seen them all grown up and published...(that'll be me, I can only hope) And all I can truly do is continue to write to improve my skills. I have lots of learning to do, and patience is the biggest lesson. It's all in the process, and I 'm enjoying every step of the way. One day I'll get there. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next year, who knows....

Happy 4th everyone,
Dawn

No comments: