Friday, July 13, 2007

RWA Nationals Scoop

Oh man, Oh man. I'm having a blast. I had no idea it would be like this.
Please forgive me if I have major typo's I'm trying hard not to pass out.
The classes, the mingling with like minds, and star sighting (as I like to call it, like pictures with Nora, Kenyon, etc. WOW!)

Was it worth it? Yes. I would say absolutely. I didn't have an appt., but I didn't need one. I just wanted to chit chat with the editors and agents to get to know them, not try to sell something to someone I have no idea if I like or not. I wanted to pick their brain a little, scope them out some and see if we match. Let me say I was pleasantly surprised editors and agents are very nice and down to earth and are doing the same as I was. That's what it's all about (besides selling books of course) but if you don't blend well, then why??

Well, tomorrow is another day full of workshops etc. I'll try to go into details of what "I" got out of it. May not work for me or others, but maybe it might, who knows.

Dawn Chartier
Fantasy on the Rocks!!

No comments: